Pine Road Chorus
1) Join chorus now! If your child is NOT currently in chorus, but wants to join, scroll up to click on your child's grade's chorus. We start new music in January and students will help us determine what our next song and chorus project will be!
2) Click HERE for my latest email to current chorus families to wrap up chorus from winter 2020.
3) If a current chorus member needs help with their project, I will have a chorus office hour on 12/23 for BOTH CHORUSES from 8:15- 8:45 AM
4) On 12/23 at 8:45 AM, a special video presentation explaining what the chorus kids have been working on and showing some student videos (I will email parents and students to get permission to show a video) will go live. It is embedded above. Your child's project is their "performance". On 12/23 there is nothing your child has to do other than share their project and/ or their favorite chorus songs with their families.
5) There are no new chorus songs. When there are, hybrid students receive their chorus music in their classroom. Parents of VIRTUAL students can pick up their children's chorus music from school at the following times:
Grades 3 and 4 on Thursday, from 9-3 and 3:45-4:00.
Grade 5 on Friday, from 9-3 and 3:45-4:00.
BUT if you prefer, you can simply print the PDF of the music from your child's chorus google classroom.
If you have any questions or the assigned time does not work for you, please email me at email@example.com
6) All past chorus rehearsals are posted in the google classroom. Students can make up any missed chorus practice by going to the "Classwork" section and looking under "Chorus Rehearsals".
Here is some general information about chorus, during the current pandemic.
Feel free to contact Mrs. Eisenman at firstname.lastname@example.org if your questions are not answered here or in the links above.
All 3rd, 4th and 5th graders are welcome to join chorus, whether they are 100% virtual or hybrid.
Chorus students will need a quiet place to practice and record themselves at home once a week. Chorus practice will be done asynchronously in order to accommodate all families' schedules.
No student is required to come to in-person rehearsals. We will only have optional google meets. to rehearse.
Our winter concert will be virtual. Until it becomes safe for us to perform together as a large group, we will have virtual concerts.
Chorus members will stay connected with a 3rd grade (join code= dzqk3m5) or a 4th grade (join code = pkq45rf) google classroom. Please make sure your child joins their grade's chorus google classroom.
PR choruses typically have many opportunities to perform. Those in bold are required. Those not in bold are purely optional as they are for fun and enrichment. Listed are the months and the performances we can look forward to when there is NO pandemic:
November at Veterans Night Event @LMHS @7PM (optional);
December at PR Winter Chorus Concert @PR @7PM;
January at All Chorus Night @LMHS @7PM;
February or March at a Temple University Basketball Game (optional);
May at PR Spring Chorus Concert @LMHS @7PM;
Anytime they'll take us @ a Phillies game (optional).
May for the May Family Festival (optional).
Pine Road Elementary's First Ever Virtual Spring Concert, June 2020
Check out the beautiful music made by our very own Pine Road Elementary School's 3rd, 4th and 5th grade musicians (vocal and instrumental) in our "Pine Road Spring Streaming: A Distance Learning Album" on YouTube.
You can also find the "Spring Streaming: A Distance Learning Project on Spotify"!